Friday, May 18, 2012

Mobile Interface Theory

Introduction: The Pathways of Locative Media:    One of the ideas I found most interesting is mp3 players being one of the strongest "distancing through proximic" mobile media devices. This is exactly why I almost never use my ipod in public. I don't like to be disconnected from the world around me, and this is exactly what many people use them for.

Chapter 2:  I think have our virtual location in our hands it all times is both good and bad, depending on the person and how they use it. Having such easy access to a map that places you where you are and tells you where to go eliminates the need for more natural navigation skills causing people to be less self sufficient. Though one can also use it to have a greater connection to their surroundings. I like looking at maps so I can connect where I am and what I see around me to the larger surrounding area. I am much more geographically aware because of this technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment